The Gneiting's Corner
Welcome to our little corner of the world!

Sunday, August 19, 2007

My babies. . .



Ok so all of my kids are grown and gone and I don't have any grandkids yet so I've got the next best thing to take pictures of and spoil. DOGS! Not just any old dogs but "my babies". Yes it's true. . .my kids say that my husband and I treat the dogs better than we treat them (meaning the kids). And this may be true at times. We have been guilty of talking to the dogs first when we come home before talking to our kids. But I just say, "If you would run to greet me at the door when I come home and jump into my arms and smother me with kisses like the dogs do, I might treat you better."



Dogs show this type of devotion readily. I think that we can learn alot from dogs. They show affection for no reason other than to be friendly. They are so content to lie at your feet while you watch television or work in your office.


They enjoy the simple things in life like having their tummies rubbed, having hugs and playing with toys.


They provide entertainment by doing things that humans can’t. Heres a few other reasons why I love my dogs:

Top 10 Reasons I Love my Dogs

1. They never stay mad


2. They never talk back
3. They are never to busy to listen
4. They keep your legs warm at night
5. They always want to go outside, even if it's raining
6. They never fail to make me laugh
7. If I am unmotivated to go for a walk, they always find
a way to get me to go (and I always feel better after...)
8. They love me even when I forget to feed them (they don't let me forgot for too long)
9. I don't have to pick up any food I drop on the floor
10. They are ALWAYS happy to see me


Research has even shown that owning a pet can have measurable health benefits. A dog can be a wonderful companion and bring endless joy and happiness into your life.

Someday soon I hope to have grandkids that I can take pictures of, spoil, and love unconditionally. I look forward to that day.
Call me crazy, but for me, my dogs are my perfect buddies - and for now
. . . that’s all that matters!

2 comments:

camandholls said...

cute! I miss little Willy and Sadie! Well, not so much the barking. That picture where willy looks mad is so funny. I guess he doesn't like photoshoots.

Carol said...

That was the day me and dad got back from our trip to CA to take Mindy. Sadie was so happy (the pic with the big grin) and Willie just acted mad. It was funny. He really does hate to get his pic taken cuz he is scared of the flash.