The Gneiting's Corner
Welcome to our little corner of the world!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

It's almost here. . .



The groceries are bought, the turkey is thawing, the baking begins today, the guests are invited and now it is just a waiting game. . .the countdown begins! In only a few hours. . .well a little over 24 to be exact . . .we will all set around our tables with our loved ones and enjoy a feast of turkey, mashed potatoes & gravy, sweet potatoes, stuffing, rolls, salads, veggies, cranberries, pie, pie and more pie! Have I forgotten anything?

Oh I can smell it already - can't you? I can't wait! It is so fun to cook, cook and do more cooking just so that we can all sit down and gorge ourselfs for 10-15 minutes, just in time to get up and spend the next half hour cleaning it all up, while all of the guys go in to watch football or take a nap. Thank heavens I have alot of girls in my family to help with all of the work!! I really can't remember a Thanksgiving when I have been able to just sit and enjoy TV all day. . . but hey. . . cooking and cleaning. . .thats more fun than screaming at the TV because your team isn't winning, right? I'm really not bitter - But I do think that I'm going to make my family sit for at least a little longer than usual and enjoy the moment together while enjoying filling their bellies. Thats only right. . . after I put in so many hours to make it perfect, don't you thing?

But really-it is a lot of work for just a few minutes of eating pleasure. I think it might be easier (at least for me) and maybe even cheaper to just go to Chuck-a-Rama. But hey, I guess it is all worth the effort because of course then we have ALL of the leftovers that we have to. . I mean get to eat for days and days. Just how many different ways can you fix leftover turkey? Turkey casserole, turkey soup, turkey sandwiches, turkey tacos!!!! Can you tell . . .I just can't wait!! I mostly can't wait for Friday when we can get up at 3am to go shopping and fight the holiday crowds to get the best deals in town, that are always sold out of by the time I get there! Yeah. . it's the beginning of the most stressful. . . I mean. . .the most wonderful time of year! Oh. . . I love the holidays!!

Really and truly, all kidding aside. . . have a great Thanksgiving, don't eat TOO much and do enjoy being with those special people in your life. Spend a few minutes in the midst of the fun to give thanks to Heavenly Father for all of your blessings.

And just be grateful that you aren't a turkey!!! Not a good day for them!!

1 comment:

Romney Family said...

I can say that I am glad that I am not a turkey. But I sure do love to eat and cook on turkey day just like you. Plus it is so great to reflect on all the things we are thankful.