The Gneiting's Corner
Welcome to our little corner of the world!

Friday, November 16, 2007

Did someone say "chocolate cake?"

Try this one all you chocolate lovers out there. This is really yummy! You'll have to go to the gym for several days after eating it but it is well worth it. Enjoy!

Chocolate Truffle Cake

(I highly suggest waiting a day after baking before eating this delicious cake because on day two the texture of the cake is like a truffle)

Ingredients:
1 chocolate cake mix
1 box (8oz) of chocolate pudding mix
5 eggs
1 stick of butter, melted
16oz of sour cream
1 bag of chocolate chips

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350.
Combine cake and pudding mixes and then create a well in the middle of a large bowl.
Dump the sour cream, melted butter and eggs in the well.
Using a large spoon (trust me, your mixer will fry because this is so thick, plus your arms will need the workout!) mix all of the ingredient together, don't be alarmed on how thick the batter is, that is normal.
Then pour the entire bag of chocolate chips in and mix it again.
Spray your bundt pan with some pam and put the batter in it.
Bake 50-55 minutes. Once it is done baking let it cool for 10 minutes and then flip it.
This cake does not need any frosting but some fresh whipped cream (there is now chocolate cool whip) or ice cream is yummy!
You can eat it right away, but again, I highly suggest waiting a day, I promise it is well worth the wait! Enjoy!

5 comments:

Panda said...

Hello Gneiting Family! ...of course I remember you guys! I love these Blogs...so great to get updated on all my friends' lives (and to constantly have something fun to look at/read on the internet!). Glad we can keep in touch now :-) Happy Thanksgiving to you guys too!
P.S. I think my hubby would be in heaven w/ this cake recipe...yum!

Romney Family said...

Carol- I got this recipe the other day off the Good Things Utah show. Is that where you got it from? It sure looks good. I can't wait to try it.

adorable pearsons said...

That looks so good= I will definitely be making that one! Thanks for sharing!

Romney Family said...

I love love love GTU also. That is cool that you can get it there. I DVR it everyday and watch it later when the kids are in bed. I have gotten a lot of good recipes from there. I just love the blogging world. I love to be able to keep in touch with people. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. Anyway, tell Amy hi for me as well. Sure miss you guys.

camandholls said...

This looks so yummy!!! I can't wait to try it. Mom, can u believe its almost Christmas, I can't wait to see everyone!