The Gneiting's Corner
Welcome to our little corner of the world!

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

What happened to the seasons?

I love fall. It is my favorite time of year. I really love the colors-reds, oranges, yellows, it always looks so spectacular. I was hoping to be back east visiting my daughter right now and seeing the beautiful fall colors back there. But I wasn't able to go so the next best thing are the canyons near here. So last Saturday Joe and I had planned to go for a long ride to look at the beautiful changing colors of the season. I was planning on taking a bunch of pictures too. But when I woke up I couldn't believe the joke that mother nature played on us. What the heck?? Who would of thought that we would wake up to this!


How depressing!! I'm definately not ready for this. My coat needs dry cleaning and I can't even find one of my gloves!! And where are my snow boots??


Needless to say - we stayed home in our pj's, wrapped up in blankets to keep warm and watched T.V all day. That was fun but I'm not ready to have January weather in October. I did make some great soup and pumpkin cookies that reminded me of fall. And I sat and looked at my fall decorations to help fend off the winter blues from taking over.


But all is not lost - fall has returned, sorta, it is still kinda cold, but at least the snow is gone. I'm hoping to go for our ride this weekend so I can get some pictures before the leaves fall off. And please ~ mother nature ~ keep "old man winter" away for at least a few more weeks!!

No comments: