The Gneiting's Corner
Welcome to our little corner of the world!

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Thanks for your prayers

So far so good. Amy is doing better. Now we just have to help her stay down for the next 6 months on complete bedrest. Bless her heart! She is already bored and it has only been a few days. But I know she can do it. Scott is pampering her and I am going to try to go down and help them as much as I can this summer. I will be done with school for the summer April 10 and so I'm planning on going down to help if they need me. Anyway here are a few pictures that they had on their blog so I stole them to put them here.
Here she is in her hospital room. They are in Newport Beach, CA and the hospital is amazing.

One reason it is such a great hospital (aside from wonderful doctors, nurses, yada, yada) look at her view from her room. That is the ocean in the background. You can't get a better view in a resort in Hawaii.

Here is Amy's wonderful husband (oh yeah . . . and my son!) He is so good to Amy and never left her side while she was in the hospital. He is so good to take care of her and make her as comfortable as possible. What a guy!!!

And here is Amy at home making the best of this situation. As you can see she is doing pretty good right now. She just has to stay right there for the next 6 months. And as you can see they have a watch dog named Billy and he is keeping his eye on her. His job is to make sure she doesn't move!!! I think he is doing a pretty good job, dont you? Good job Billy! And good job at staying down Amy!! Love you!

Again, to all of our friends and family - thank you for your thoughts, prayers and concerns. I will continue with updates once in awhile to let you know her progress.

3 comments:

Scott and Amy said...

Thanks mom!! I can't wait to have you here in April!! as for billy he is a pain in the behind. He is alway stepping on my belly and the baby which she doesn't appreciate very much!! maybe he steps on me to make sure I don't get up!! thanks for keeping people updating. your the BEST. Love ya

Amy Joy

Ellsworth Family said...

I am so happy to hear your daughter-in-law is doing better and that the baby is staying inside and still growing! What a challenging time (again). It won't be too much longer really until you will be done with school and can be out in CA helping your son and his cute wife!

hmmm said...

what a scary thing!
so glad she's doing better these days.
good for the cute little watchdog, keepin her laying right there.