The Gneiting's Corner
Welcome to our little corner of the world!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Have joy in your mothering . . .

I have a college class called "The Family" and the whole semester is spent studying "The Proclamation on the Family." This week we have been studying about the divine responsibilites of fathers and mothers.


I liked this quote from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland and so I thought I would share it with you. So this is for all mothers, soon to be mothers and future mothers out there.

"Mothers, we acknowledge and esteem your faith in every footstep. Please know that it is worth it then, now, and forever . . . Yours is the work of salvation, and therefore you will be magnified, compensated, made more than you are and better than you have ever been as you try to make honest effort, however feeble you may sometimes feel that to be . . . You are doing God's work! You are doing it wonderfully well. He is blessing you and He will bless you, even ---- no, especially --- when your days and your nights may be the most challenging."

4 comments:

Romney Family said...

Thank you for sharing that quote!! It is so good to be reminded of how great our calling as a mother is because it is hard at times and we get little praise for it!! Thank you for uplifting me today!!

lindsee said...

that is such an amazing quote.I love it.

Jinny and Mick said...

I took that class when I was there, and I loved it!!

Ellsworth Family said...

It is alway nice to be reminded of how special "mothers" are held and esteemed in the Lord's eyes. Thanks for sharing this Carol.